Foodland Hawaii “Eat Local Tuesdays” Newsletter
photography & research | Foodland Hawaii, 2016-2017
Engaged to shoot local food products and recipes, as well as research and draft newsletter outlines for the Eat Local Tuesdays campaign.
Client: Foodland Hawaii
Photography, “Shop, Shoot & Cook” services, research, outline writing
- Work with client to identify local products and select recipes from client’s archive to feature
- Research products, interview farmers/makers, identify events highlighting local food
- Edit recipe and write introduction
- Write outline for client to base newsletter upon
- Shop for product, make recipe if indicated by client, style and shoot product beauty shots and finished recipes
A family-owned local company, Foodland Hawaii grocery stores supports local agriculture and food production with their “Eat Local Tuesdays” campaign. In 2016-2017, a bi-weekly newsletter featured articles on famers/food makers, highlighting their locally raised or produced items. Newsletter included history, nutritional facts, trivia, tips for making the most of the product, calendar event and recipe.