Gourmet Foods Hawaii
website refresh, newsletter communications | 2019-
Gourmet Foods Hawaii is a family-owned and -operated food distribution company proudly serving the entire state of Hawai‘i. In 2019, the company engaged PIOMP to help refresh their outdated website with a more modern look (including new logo), updated brand messaging copy and integrate more social engagement features, such as an Instagram feed and newsletter archive.
In 2020, due to COVID-19’s impacts on the tourism and restaurant industries, the company opened up limited direct-to-consumer sales (the Take-a-Way Gourmet program) and required help to add an order form to the website (specifically not adding an e-commerce function) and assistance with managing the weekly form updates and drafting newsletter copy to highlight the week’s featured products.
Website design, brand copy writing, newsletter drafting, website management
- Engage graphic designer for logo redesign
- Research and present website template options for client, based on their general needs and style preferences
- Write brand identity copy
- Export all product information from PDF catalog to Excel database, proofread, identify correct product images from multiple sources
- Implement new site template; upload all product images and information
- Convert client-submitted weekly product list to fillable PDF form; upload to website
- Draft newsletter copy based on client-provided feature concepts; occasional research to augment newsletter copy; upload draft text and images to Constant Contact; reformat newsletter copy and images for website-friendly presentation and post to site
- Share weekly product feature on client’s social media accounts